DVSA will be opening a further 93 test centre waiting rooms on Friday 4 December.
DVSA says the availability of waiting rooms will need to be kept under review in line with any further national or local restrictions.
The agency has published waiting room guidance on GOV.UK that explains rules for using them. The number of people allowed in each waiting room will depend on its size and the maximum number will be shown on a sign on the door.
When using a waiting room you’ll need to:
- Wear a face covering (unless you have a good reason not to)
- Scan QR code or sign in
- Use hand sanitiser
- Wipe anything you touch before and after
- Put used wipes in the bin
- Keep at least 1m plus away from others in England or 2m in Scotland and Wales
- Do not eat or drink in the waiting room
DVSA continues to work with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and trade associations and will update again when more waiting rooms can be made safely available.